Friday, June 15, 2007

I hunger.

I am extraordinary, I am just your ordinary average every day sane psycho
-Liz Phair, "Extraordinary"


I would have paid good money to hear the title of today's blog in the movie I watched last night. I went to a midnight premiere of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, because I've always been a fan of the cosmic side of comic books. Was I disappointed? Not really. I'm by no means a purist when it comes to movies based on things I've already read, so I was happy with it. The speech that was lifted directly from Ultimate Galactus was cool, even if it doesn't work as well with a Reed Richards who's older than seventeen, but I digress.

Today I have to confront the hard question of free food. To be more accurate, I had to confront the question last night and I have to tell you about it today. Last night, I deliberately placed myself in a situation where I would be offered free food.

I can hear the yells of "Cheater" reverberating around the internet now, so let me explain myself. One of my friends regularly performs acoustic sets outside a local pizza place, so patrons can eat their pizza at the outdoor tables and listen to Cure covers. It's not an unusual thing for me to go and watch him play, and so I didn't think that me going to his show, knowing that he'd offer me free pizza, was out of bounds. If so, all of you may feel free to deduct two slices of pepperoni pizza from my body.

I know if I were on food stamps and a friend offered me two slices of good pizza for free, I'd take it. I bet most people would.

Tonight is going to be challenging, because I'll be going to a concert in this bar and grill type place. In order for my underage friends to get in, I'll have to supervise them all night, not have anything to drink, and most importantly we all have to buy food. That's going to be a serious dent in this week's finances, but it's The Pine Hill Haints with The Wednesdays, and I'm dying to see that show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love what you're doing, man. Stay strong, and keep giving yourself grace.