Saturday, June 16, 2007

Buttons and baliwicks

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-Professor Charles Xavier


Having had two social evenings in a row, my budget for this week is close to wrecked, which is all right because I've got such a ridiculous amount of stuff left over from last week that I could seriously not buy groceries this week and I'd be okay. Not great, but okay.

I went to see the Pine Hill Haints last night in Auburn, and while the bouncer was kind of a jerk to my underage friends, the show was enjoyable if extremely long. (On the subject of bouncers and minors: look, either you guys let minors in or you don't. If you don't, then you don't, if you do, don't be a dick about it, please.)

In the interest of full disclosure, I did drive to work today, but only because there was literally no other way to get to work on time. I'm not going to neglect my real, normal responsibilities for the sake of this experiment, no matter how authentic I might want it to be.

Home fries are the order of the day, at least for breakfast/lunch. I think I'll make spaghetti when I get home tonight; nothing says "I'm hungry and want to eat in 10-12 minutes" like making spaghetti. (If I'm really feeling ambitious, I'll make toast to go with it. Not garlic toast, mind you, because I can't afford all that. Just some toast to sop up the leftover sauce.)

No comments: